Monday, May 3, 2010

Sunday Best

Today was definitely Sunday best, it started at a fabulous sale of vintage millinery where I managed to snap up these gorgeous old hat cases, display stands and a few other little treasures. They are going to be so perfect for display in the shop, I nearly skipped all the way to the tram stop. Also an important lesson learned -never ever stand between a milliner and rolls of super wide vintage petersham, that's all I'm saying!







Then I met up with my Mum and Dad who had a very exciting delivery. A couple of weeks ago I bought the most amazing vintage dolls house complete with a coin operated wheel of fortune. It needed a little tlc to get the wheel working properly and a new porch, kindly provided by my dear Dad. He has also made tokens heavy enough to make the wheels spin a little more enthusiastically. There are lights in each room that flash randomly as the wheel spins and it is decorated with  the most amazing collection of ancient wallpapers, how fabulous is it?!! I'm not exactly sure what I'll do with it, I think it might be great for displaying cotton reels or something similar. Also Mum gave me some beautiful vintage Liberty and Sanderson linen fabric in perfect condition, a huge thank you to them both.

















Vintage Liberty

Then to round things off  Mum and I went to the Quilt Convention at the beautiful old Exhibition building, so many fabrics, so many quilts, so much money spent. Here is a snap of my stash, the hand dyed felt is for a range of necklaces I am designing, can't wait to get started, and the fabrics are for my stash of mythical " when I get around to making a quilt" fabrics. I also bought some special lace dye to experiment on a hugh batch of vintage white cotton edging lace I bought in a moment of madness, hope it works.




It's been a fun and busy week that has included pinning and glueing over 400 ribbons on a backdrop for my next window for Kozminskys, meeting with some lovely ladies from the National Trust who came for a visit, shipping out orders of heat pillows and meeting lots of clever quilters who visited l'uccello during the quilt conference. A great week and Sunday best.

2 comments:

  1. what a fun blog! I will have to come and visit often! ciao!
    ps love your blog name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are sooo lucky!
    green with envy!

    ReplyDelete