Friday, April 29, 2011

Just arrived

We are so excited the big day is finally here, we love a big parade and no one does it better than the British. So good luck to William and Kate, we hope they have a long and happy life together.

It has been a busy Easter at l'uccello, we moved a lot of our production to another room upstairs, we had to make room for all the new stock that has arrived lately. While we were at it we painted the old storeroom and are in the process of turning it into a lovely new office and staff room, (a small room but 30 windows to mask and paint!) So I am glad that is over, we just have to finish sorting things into new boxes with labels, it is my resolution this year to get organised, lets just say I am still a work in progress.

I have also been making pom poms, many many pom poms for the Kleins Perfumery Mother's Day window, which I installed today, but not enough pom poms! So I will have to make a whole lot more, they are fun to make, I have been using the Clover pom pom makers that we stock, they are so much faster than the old cardboard method. 

Well I will get on with the photos, there is so much new stock, this is only part of it. The most exciting news is the winter collection of Sophie Digard exquisite hand made scarves and necklaces have started to arrive, the rest of the collection is due in a couple of weeks. I do apologise for the photos, I forgot to charge the camera so I had to use the phone, the colours are far more lovely than the photos suggest.

A quick note about Mother's Day, l'uccello now offers gift certificates and as always we also offer complementary gift wrapping, so if you have a crafty mum we have lots of great gift options.






New felt delivery, we now have over 60 colours in lovely pure wool felt.


We have expanded our range of felt to include these bundles, they are 2 metres long.

And we also now have a few colours available by the metre for larger projects, it is a metre wide.

Gorgeous new vintage threads, French pearl cotton, mercerised cotton, buttonhole twist silk and some gorgeous old crochet hooks in fab colours.

Beautiful new collection of hand quilted bed throws made from vintage cotton and silk saris.

Some great new fabrics from kokka, this one features antique perfume labels.

Last but not least, we have finally produced our new version of the seed packet linen sachet, our first batch has been shipped off to Kleins Perfumery in time for Mother's Day.

 Have a great weekend! x


2 comments:

  1. I have just learned about your shop from a Queensland Blogging friend.We are in Adelaide.I can't wait until we can get to your shop!!!Just my cup of tea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, love the linen seed sachets - perfect for mother's day for my mum (I can't get her out of the garden!).

    ReplyDelete